Have you or a loved one been injured in an accident in Greenville, Spartanburg, Anderson, or elsewhere in The Upstate? Was someone else at fault? If so, the Greenville, SC-based personal injury attorneys of The Melonakos Law Firm can help you pursue compensation for your medical bills, damaged property, lost wages, and other related losses. We understand how devastating a sudden injury can be. We’re ready to provide you with the compassion and care you deserve during this difficult time.
Don’t wait to get the help you need. Contact us online or call The Melonakos Law Firm today for a free consultation with a Greenville personal injury lawyer and find out how we can help.
What Makes Us Different?
What makes The Melonakos Law Firm different? First, we genuinely care about our clients and prove it through the personalized service we provide them. Our South Carolina personal injury attorneys treat our clients with compassion and kindness from the moment they walk in our door. We purposefully limit our caseload so we can give every client the attention and dedication they deserve. All our clients work directly with an attorney to ensure we understand your needs and are well-positioned to pursue the best possible outcome in your case.
Furthermore, our firm only handles personal injury cases so that we can more effectively pursue the compensation our clients deserve. This strategy has proven successful, as we have recovered more than $50 million to date on behalf of clients across South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia. Recently, we recovered $2 million for a client rear-ended by a truck driver on I-285 who suffered severe back and spinal cord injuries, requiring multiple surgeries.
Types of Cases We Handle
At The Melonakos Law Firm, we concentrate solely on personal injury cases, including those involving:
- Car Accidents – Traffic collisions are a common tragedy in South Carolina. According to the South Carolina Department of Public Safety, there was one traffic collision every 4.3 minutes in one recent year. If you were injured in an accident caused by a careless or otherwise negligent driver, our personal injury attorneys in Greenville SC can help you pursue compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering resulting from the accident.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Motorcyclists face unique risks on the road. Because of their smaller size, motorcycles are less visible to other drivers and, therefore, at greater risk for collisions. Furthermore, motorcycles lack the structural protections that passenger vehicles provide, so motorcycle accidents often result in more severe injuries.
- Tractor-Trailer Accidents – If you were injured in an accident with a tractor-trailer, you need an experienced personal injury lawyer who understands the trucking industry and how to prove liability in these difficult cases. Truck drivers are under enormous pressure to move more goods as quickly as possible. Sometimes trucking companies will cut corners in pursuit of greater profits. Our attorneys can investigate your truck accident case to see who may be at fault and pursue the full range of compensation available to you.
- Wrongful Death – The legal team with The Melonakos Law Firm knows that the sudden loss of a loved one can result in significant emotional and financial burdens. Our compassionate attorneys can help your family seek compensation and hold those at fault accountable.
- Premises Liability – Property owners are expected to keep their premises safe for visitors, guests, and customers. If you get injured due to unsafe conditions on someone else’s property, we can help you pursue compensation.
- Slips and Falls – Whether at work, school, the grocery store, or somewhere else, a slip-and-fall accident can leave you with serious injuries, including broken bones, sprains, strains, neck injuries, or back injuries. Our injury lawyers in Greenville can help you recover the money you deserve from the parties at fault for the dangerous conditions.
About Our Team
Our founding attorney, Michael Melonakos, started his legal career working for two of Atlanta’s top insurance defense firms, representing trucking companies, automobile insurance companies, and property insurance companies. Through that experience, Mike gained valuable insight into the insurance industry and how it operates, which he now uses on behalf of accident victims. He knows what it takes to negotiate a favorable settlement and isn’t afraid to take a case to trial, if necessary. This approach has helped him secure millions in compensation on behalf of his clients.
After practicing law in Atlanta for a decade, Mike moved with his wife, Bren, to her hometown of Greenville, SC, where they are now fixtures of the community. The Melonakos Law Firm is a proud sponsor of Greenville’s annual Greek Festival, and Mike regularly volunteers both at his children’s schools and with the Greenville Bar Association.
The Melonakos Law Firm is truly a family business, as Bren serves as the firm’s chief operating officer. Together with the rest of the staff, they are proud to be the law firm that South Carolinians can call on in their time of need.
What To Do If You’ve Been Hurt in an Accident in South Carolina
If you are injured in an accident in South Carolina, the actions you take can have a significant effect on your health as well as your ability to recover compensation from the at-fault party. If at all possible, you should:
- Get medical attention – You should seek medical help even if you think your injuries are only minor. Some severe injuries can be difficult to notice and must be diagnosed by a medical professional after a thorough examination. Seeking prompt medical attention will also create a record of your injuries which can be helpful to your case.
- Collect evidence – Try to collect as much evidence as you can at the scene of the accident. Retain all records, including medical bills, pay stubs showing lost wages, and any correspondence from the insurance company. This evidence will aid your attorney’s investigation and help them calculate your losses.
- Be careful what you say – Watch what you say and to whom you say it. When speaking with the police, answer their questions directly and truthfully, but do not speculate about the cause of the accident. If you receive a phone call from the insurance company of another driver involved in the accident, instruct them to speak to your lawyer instead. Resist posting about the accident on social media, as insurance companies could use your words against you.
- Hire an experienced accident attorney – An experienced personal injury lawyer in South Carolina can protect your rights, prepare a strong case for compensation, and handle all negotiations and communication on your behalf.
Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer in Greenville SC Today
If you were injured in a Greenville accident, contact us online or call the experienced personal injury attorneys at The Melonakos Law Firm today for a free consultation. We want to help you pursue the compensation you deserve and hold the other party accountable for their actions.