A motorcycle accident can happen in the blink of an eye but result in a lifetime of painful consequences. Motorcycle crash victims frequently suffer extensive injuries, which often mean costly medical care, time away from work, and other financial and personal repercussions.
However, if you were injured in a motorcycle accident that wasn’t your fault, you could be entitled to substantial compensation that can soften the financial blow and offset your other losses. The Melonakos Law Firm explains when you should hire a lawyer after a motorcycle accident and how our respected legal team can help. If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, contact us as soon as possible to speak with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer during a free consultation.
Do I Need a Lawyer for a Motorcycle Accident?
Many motorcycle crashes each year result in severe, life-changing injuries. When these crashes occur, claim values go up, and injury victims often have difficulty recovering fair settlements from penny-pinching insurance companies. In cases like these, injury victims can benefit by working with a knowledgeable motorcycle accident attorney.
You should consider seeking legal representation if any of the following characteristics apply to your motorcycle accident case:
- You suffered serious injuries due to the crash
- Your motorcycle accident injuries prevent you from returning to work
- It is not clear who primarily caused the motorcycle accident
- There were multiple motorists or other parties involved in the accident
- The wreck occurred in a school zone, construction zone, or other work zone
- The wreck involved an uninsured or underinsured motorist
- The insurance company attempts to minimize or deny your claim unfairly
- An insurance company representative asks you to provide a statement
- You feel it would be difficult to negotiate for fair compensation on your own
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer for a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
While there are many benefits to hiring a lawyer to handle your motorcycle accident claim, some of the biggest include:
- Less stress on you – If you have been injured in a motorcycle wreck, you have already been through a lot. You should be focused on your physical and mental health, not worrying about mountains of paperwork, corporate bureaucracy, and confusing deadlines. A motorcycle accident attorney can handle the stressful and time-consuming aspects of the case, such as filing documents and communicating with other parties on your behalf.
- Knowledge of local laws – In the age of the internet, anyone can find information about nearly everything at the click of a button. However, that information may not apply to your case or be based on the particular details of your case. Rather than leave crucial details to chance, it’s best to work with a local attorney who has experience handling similar cases and knows what to expect at every turn.
- Access to better evidence – Most people can take photos and jot down witness statements after an accident. But what about accessing the other driver’s cell phone records? Or filing spoliation letters to prevent other parties from destroying evidence? Experienced attorneys know where to look for compelling evidence and how to preserve it to support their clients’ injury claims.
- Relationships with experts – Personal injury attorneys commonly form professional relationships with expert witnesses such as physicians, accident reconstruction specialists, and accountants who can provide valuable testimony regarding the causes and effects of a particular event.
- Tough negotiating experience – Before your lawyer files a lawsuit, they will likely get in touch with the insurance company to negotiate an out-of-court settlement. Negotiating with insurance adjusters is challenging because it’s what they get paid to do – but it’s your attorney’s job, too. Your lawyer can use compelling evidence and creative strategies to maximize your settlement.
- Representation in court – If the insurance company refuses to agree to a reasonable settlement, you may decide to pursue fair compensation by filing a lawsuit. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer will know how the court systems operate and can leverage professional relationships on your behalf. They can also know how to push back against the societal stereotypes of motorcyclists as reckless.
- Better case outcomes – Whether you end up filing an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit after a motorcycle accident, you are far likelier to secure a suitable outcome with the help of a lawyer. Injury victims who retain attorneys tend to obtain higher settlements and more favorable court verdicts than those who represent themselves.
How a Lawyer Can Help You with Your Claim
When you hire a motorcycle accident lawyer from The Melonakos Law Firm to help you with your injury claim, you can count on them to assist you by:
- Answering your questions and evaluating your case in a free consultation
- Determining whether you have a case and how much it could be worth
- Conducting an independent investigation to identify potentially liable parties
- Obtaining and preserving valuable evidence to support your injury claim
- Interviewing eyewitnesses and reliable experts for useful testimony
- Handling important paperwork, communications, and deadlines on your behalf
- Negotiating aggressively to maximize the value of your settlement
- Taking your case to court and representing you at trial, if necessary
Why Choose The Melonakos Law Firm?
Principal attorney Mike Melonakos of The Melonakos Law Firm is a skilled attorney with more than decade of experience and hundreds of favorable case outcomes under his belt. Mr. Melonakos spent the first part of his career working as an insurance defense attorney, and today, he uses his unique industry insights to help injury victims demand fair compensation for their losses.
The compassionate legal team at The Melonakos Law Firm is focused on obtaining the best results possible for each and every client. Our firm is exceedingly thorough and does not churn through a large volume of cases. Because, to us, clients aren’t just case numbers – they’re like family.
We understand that many accident victims come to us in tight financial circumstances, which is why we are proud to offer our services on a contingency fee basis. This type of arrangement allows us to work on your case at no up-front or out-of-pocket cost to you. You won’t owe us a cent unless and until we recover compensation on your behalf.
Contact a Compassionate Motorcycle Accident Attorney for Help with Your Claim
If you are struggling to recover in the aftermath of a motorcycle accident, contact The Melonakos Law Firm right away. Our compassionate team can answer your questions and evaluate your case for free in an initial strategy session.