An injury collision occurs every 16 minutes in South Carolina on average, according to the SC Department of Public Safety (SCDPS). These accidents can cause a range of injuries that result in expensive doctor’s bills, lost wages, and unnecessary suffering. Why should you pay for all that if someone else caused the accident?
If you got hurt in a Greenville car accident, the personal injury lawyers at The Melonakos Law Firm want to help you pursue compensation from the at-fault driver and their insurance company. You can count on us to do everything we can to provide you with the financial security you deserve.
Contact us today to learn more about common car accident injuries and how you can recover compensation for them through an injury claim.
Why You Should Choose Our Firm for Your Greenville Car Crash Case
The Melonakos Law Firm focuses exclusively on personal injury and wrongful death cases, so we know exactly what it takes to pursue maximum compensation for your injuries after an accident. Our team has years of experience handling car accident cases for people in Greenville and throughout the Upstate region of South Carolina.
We care deeply about our clients because we’ve seen time after time the devastating effect that car accident injuries can have on their lives. We work closely with our clients to deliver the best possible outcome in every case we handle. But don’t just take our word for it. Look at our proven track record of success, which shows we have successfully recovered millions of dollars in compensation for the individuals we represent.
Most Common Car Accident Injuries in Greenville, SC
Examples of injuries that car accident victims suffer in Greenville include the following:
- Paralysis – Paralysis can occur if the spinal cord sustains damage in an accident, which can result in a loss of function or sensation below the injury site. Paralysis can affect the lower body, one side of the body, or the entire body.
- Soft tissue damage – Soft tissue damage can occur due to the forceful impact of a collision. This type of damage affects the body’s muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Victims with soft tissue damage often experience pain, stiffness, and limited mobility.
- Broken bones – Car accidents can result in broken bones, often in the arms, legs, and ribs.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) – Traumatic brain injuries can result from blunt-force trauma to the head or the violent shaking of the head in a car accident. A concussion is a less severe form of TBI that causes headaches, dizziness, confusion, and memory problems. Severe TBIs can cause long-term or permanent cognitive challenges.
- Lacerations – Shattered glass and mangled car parts in car accidents can cut victims, causing deep lacerations that often require medical attention.
- Contusions – Contusions (bruises) occur when damaged blood vessels under the skin leak blood into the surrounding areas. While some contusions heal on their own with time, severe bruising sometimes requires medical attention to prevent complications, such as infection.
- Chest trauma – Chest trauma can occur due to contact with the steering wheel, dashboard, seatbelt, airbags, or projectiles and often requires immediate medical attention.
- Neck injuries – Neck injuries like whiplash are common in car accidents. Whiplash occurs when the head snaps back and forth rapidly, injuring the tissues in the neck. Neck injury victims commonly experience symptoms like headaches and stiffness in the neck.
- Back injuries – Many car accident victims suffer back injuries, ranging from minor strains to severe injuries like herniated discs or fractured vertebrae. Back injuries often cause pain, limited mobility, and in extreme cases, paralysis or other permanent disabilities.
- Torso injuries – Torso injuries often include abdominal, back, or pelvis injuries, which can be serious and possibly life-threatening if left untreated.
- Internal injuries – Car accidents can contribute to internal injuries such as internal organ damage or bleeding, which may not be immediately apparent but require prompt medical attention.
- Facial injuries – Common facial injuries include cuts, bruises, fractures, and other wounds to the face, eyes, mouth, or jaw. These injuries can cause pain, scarring, and permanent disfigurement.
- Burns – During car crashes, victims sometimes experience burns from fires, explosions, or contact with hot surfaces, liquids, or steam. Burns can cause severe pain, scarring, and other complications, sometimes requiring extensive treatment, such as skin grafts.
- Amputations – Some car accident victims suffer traumatic amputations or experience such severe limb damage that they require surgical amputation.
Potential Compensation for Car Crash Injuries
Our car accident injury attorneys can help you pursue compensation for the following types of losses after a car crash:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of quality of life
What to Do After You’re Injured in a Car Accident in Greenville
If you get injured in a Greenville car accident, your priority should always be your safety and well-being. After receiving prompt medical attention and getting through the initial phase of your recovery, continue to follow your doctor’s care plan diligently. Keep a journal to document your day-to-day suffering and how it affects your physical, emotional, and mental health. Stay off social media to avoid providing information that insurance companies could find, twist around, and use against you. Be sure to consult with our attorneys who can handle the legal process while you focus on your recovery.
Related content: What to Do If You Are in a Car Accident
How Our Lawyers Help People Injured in Car Crashes
At The Melonakos Law Firm, our lawyers help people injured in car crashes with the following:
- Exploring legal options for compensation
- Gathering evidence
- Communicating with insurance companies
- Tabulating accident-related losses
- Handling paperwork and deadlines
- Negotiating for maximum compensation
- Taking cases to trial when necessary
Talk to Our Experienced Greenville Car Accident Lawyers Today
The Melonakos Law Firm is ready to help you seek compensation for your losses after a collision that wasn’t your fault. Contact our experienced team today for a free consultation with a car accident injury lawyer in Greenville, SC.