Even a relatively minor car accident can seriously impact your health, your ability to work, and your overall quality of life. Unfortunately, many innocent crash victims feel exhausted and overwhelmed by the process of fighting for the compensation they need to recover. However, there’s no need to face this daunting task alone.
At The Melonakos Law Firm, our respected legal team is prepared to handle every aspect of your injury claim while you focus on your recovery. We offer free consultations and never charge legal fees unless we win compensation first. Learn more about why you should hire our Greenville car accident lawyer after a car accident that wasn’t your fault – and don’t hesitate to contact us for a free, no-obligation case review.
Do I Need a Lawyer for My Car Accident?
Not everyone who’s been in a car accident needs the help of a lawyer. If you were involved in a relatively minor fender-bender that resulted in minimal property damage, you might be able to obtain the compensation you need on your own. However, you will likely benefit from professional legal representation from an experienced car accident lawyer if any of the following apply to your circumstances:
- You suffered significant physical or psychological injuries due to the accident
- Your crash-related injuries prevent you from returning to work
- It is not clear how the accident happened
- There were multiple motorists or other parties involved in the accident
- The accident occurred in a school zone, construction zone, or some other work zone
- The accident involved a motorist who was uninsured or underinsured
- You need help obtaining or preserving evidence to support your claim
- The insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement or denies your claim unfairly
- The insurance company asks you to provide a written or recorded statement
- You feel uncertain about your legal rights, options, or negotiating abilities
How a Lawyer Can Help You with Your Claim
If you’re still wondering whether it’s necessary to contact a lawyer for help with your car accident claim, consider the following key benefits of hiring an attorney:
- Knowledge of all applicable laws – An experienced local attorney will know and understand the laws that may apply to your case on a local level. Local lawyers also tend to have strong ties to the legal communities in their area, which can be an advantage if you decide to take your case to court.
- Experience valuing injury claims – One of the most important aspects of any injury case is calculating the value of all accident-related losses. An experienced car accident lawyer can determine a reasonable value for your claim so you can decide for yourself whether a particular offer is fair.
- Experience handling insurers – Seasoned injury lawyers have years of experience interacting with insurance companies and their representatives. A good lawyer can help you understand the specifics of available policies and increase your chances of obtaining full compensation.
- Experience proving liability – You must be able to prove that another party was at fault to seek compensation from them in a liability claim. An injury lawyer can identify potentially liable parties and craft intelligent strategies to hold them accountable for their actions.
- Investigative resources – Strong evidence is a crucial component of any successful injury claim. An experienced car accident injury attorney will typically have an array of investigative resources, including relationships with professional experts and access to useful databases to help you establish your claim.
- Advice for settlement offers – In addition to estimating a reasonable value for your claim, a knowledgeable car accident attorney can help you evaluate and respond to settlement offers. You can’t go back and request more money after you agree to a settlement, so it’s important to consider each offer to determine if it provides you with the full and fair compensation you need to move on with your life.
- Experience filing lawsuits – In some cases, the insurance company simply won’t agree to a reasonable settlement value, and injury victims have no other option but to go to court. A good injury lawyer can help you determine whether a lawsuit may be necessary and then represent you in court.
Is It Worth Getting a Car Accident Lawyer if the Car Accident Was Not My Fault?
You may assume that you can obtain fair compensation after a car accident that wasn’t your fault. But you should know that the other driver and their insurance company will fight hard to reduce their liability and save themselves money. They are not looking out for your interests, but instead their own.
Hiring a knowledgeable attorney is the best way to give your case the professional attention it needs. Lawyers know how to handle insurance claims after a car accident and maximize your potential settlement award.
At The Melonakos Law Firm, we understand that you may have understandable concerns about the added expense of hiring a lawyer. That’s why we are happy to offer our services on a contingency basis. This means we charge no up-front costs to begin work on your case and you never pay any legal fees unless we win compensation for you.
Related content: Partial Fault Car Accident
Why Choose The Melonakos Law Firm?
The Melonakos Law Firm is proud to offer experienced legal representation to people who’ve been injured in car accidents in Greenville. We treat each of our clients like family, not like case numbers. When you retain our services, you can expect to deal with an attorney directly rather than being passed off to a paralegal or case manager.
Our thorough, down-to-earth approach is just one reason we’ve secured a number of outstanding case results for local victims, including a $2 million award for the victim of a truck accident.
Evidence a Car Accident Lawyer Can Collect to Help Your Claim
A strong case requires strong evidence. Depending on the circumstances, a car accident lawyer may collect the following types of evidence to support your injury claim:
- Police crash reports
- Photos and video footage
- Witness statements
- Expert testimony
- Medical records
- Employment records
Contact a Knowledgeable South Carolina Car Accident Attorney for Help with Your Claim
If you need help in the aftermath of a car accident in Greenville, South Carolina, look no further than The Melonakos Law Firm. We can answer your questions and evaluate your case for free when you contact us for a free case review.